Saturday 4 August 2012

Liquid Sunshine

Hi everyone! How's your weekend been so far? :)

I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get to go for fireworks eventually :( my mom wanted us to all go out for a family dinner at 6.30 so in the end I couldn't watch Sam, Gwen and Aqilah perform :(( sigh... I guess there's always next year! :)

We went to the Bistro at Shaw for dinner :) its one of Les Amis's restaurants and they serve really good French food :)) they had the best mashed potatoes and stewed beef :) haha I had such a major food baby afterwards :p then after dinner we headed to the newly opened wine and coffee bar that replaced the Italian place La Strada. I really miss La Strada :( and all the really friendly wait staff. They moved to different locations nowt and some were at the Bistro and came by to have a chat with us for a while :) they're all such great waiters :)

Since the reservation was at 6.30, my mom went to cut her hair at Debbie's :) it's my mom's first time going to a more professional salon! She's always been really cheap about her haircuts and treatments. And since Auntie Maggie's at Gardens is closing down, my mom figured she needs to find another place to do her hair. So while my mom got her haircut my dad and I walked around town. We got his hiking shoes and then we went to Kinokuniya to get books :) I got about.. 6? :/ including a Frankie Magazine! Which I literally died when I saw on the racks! I've always wanted to get Frankie Magazines! And now I know where to get them :)

At Kino I got:
  • American Gods, Niel Gaiman
  • Rapture, Lauren Kate
  • Seraphina, Rachel Hartman 
  • The Iron King, Julie kagawa
  • Veronika Decides to Die, Paulo Coelho
  • Frankie Magazine, issue 48

I am pretty much set for the rest of the year :) these are enough books to last me a while!

The wine and coffee bar is really amazing, the decor is really tasteful and the concept behind it is probably really good too. It's like the calm chill atmosphere and drinks without the loud blaring music of clubs. Kinda suits my introverted family! Haha :) My dad has always been pretty chill about underage drinking the waiters were quite appalled. My dad's logic is that he would rather we (my brother and I) drink in front of him than go behind his and my mom's back and drink. Only my dad thinks up of this kinda thing! Not that Andrew and I are complaining ;) haha

In the end we ordered 2 glasses of reds, for the guys, and sweet wine for my mommy and I :) which my brother calls 女人酒, which is lady's wine in Chinese, cause its really sweet! Haha

Other than my instagram I don't have any other visuals for you guys to see :( I can try and recreate my outfit and get my mom to snap a photo tmr but it's kinda late :( so I'll try and bust out my Nikon out tmr and get some nice visuals for you guys! So there'll be a balance? I guess. One super wordy blog post and another with a lot of pictures! Haha

I hope all your weekends have been good! :)

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time dear<3
    I need to get a book haul as well...

    ReplyDelete