Friday 3 August 2012

Home

Spent the day at home today, came down with a viral cold again. This has probably been the third time I've gotten sick this semester :( so I spent the day lazing about, trying to clean my extremely messy room, albiet failing miserably :/ I sort of made the mess worse...

I ended up busting out my much abused Nikon to snap some photos, since the lighting was really nice after the rain and I just, well, could :)

White Topshop Sundress 

White Topshop Sundress and a Black Asymmetrical Formal dress  from F21

My ever growing cupboard wall art 

Nikon Lens Cap
10 dollar shades from the Scarlet Room
Gifted Mother of Pearl bag from Claud <3

View from my room 
Window

Winnie the Pooh Vintage Tea Set my mom got me when I was 5 


I wish I could update on this space more, but I honestly can't find the time/ I think my life is pretty boring and I don't have much to share right now...

But I am going for Fireworks Action, which is a school event where we get to sit around and have a picnic on my school's rooftop and watch the National Day Prep Fireworks :) It's my first time going even though I've been in SOTA for about 4 years :/ So i'm kinda excited to go :) also since my friends are performing :) hopefully I get to snap some wonderful pictures to share :)

And I'm going out with Joanna again for dinner on Sunday :) I'm going to miss her when she goes back to Canada :( and Emma too :(

I guess I'm also quite nervous right now about giving a session to the youths at Our Lady Star of the Sea (OLSS). I'm giving one with my other community member Nigel, but he's currently busy with prelims so I'm doing the slides. I guess I'm scared that I won't be able to give a good session on Community to them and that I'm also scared that my other community members will judge me for what I'm going to say OR the fact that I seem to be doing everything on my own again. And I know that I'm not supposed to think/ feel this way but I'm currently finding it hard to well, talk to them/ connect with them. This has probably got to do with the fact that i'm in the IB programe and they're in the mainstream O'level school system and I can't seem to relate with anything they're going through now...

And I'm currently finding them hard to please lol

I'm also scared that Mel (my formator) will kill me while QC-ing my slides :( partially because I don't know what else to add in and also because I don't seem to be able to think of anything else to add/talk about/ I don't want to call the shots because I'm really really scared... sighh what to do~ 

Although I had a talk with my brother Andrew and got other people's view points on this. I still feel quite lost...

But I'm infinitely grateful for and to Andrew for sharing with me something very meaningful :)



People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa


<3 :')
Hope you all have a great weekend <3

Elaine

1 comment:

  1. WHY IS YOUR ROOM SO NICE? ;A;
    Damn. Was wonderful hanging out with you yesterday :')
    Take care alright Elaine? Don't fall sick again!

    ReplyDelete