Monday 5 November 2012

Remember Remember November

I meant to blog about my last day of school, but due to some unforeseen turn of events lead me to a 2 day trip to Hong Kong and I forgot about this entry entirely.

This year, to sum it up hasn't been great, but it hasn't been all too horrible either.

For starters I got into an amazing class B2.


They've been nothing short of an inspiration to me for the past year. Fun, energetic, spontaneous, supportive and nothing short of awesome. I owe you guys, you made Year 4 not suck so bad for me :)

I spent the last day of school with Amelia and Ethan, interesting mix, I've never been out with them together at once so it was fun. Had a really late lunch at Itacho Sushi and chilled at Starbucks to talk for an hour before heading to Kino for some books :)

Got home on time, changed and went for All Soul's day Mass at St Teresa's church. Cried like crap for a really long time because I've finally made up my mind to leave Singapore and go apply for the schools in USA. Not guaranteed I'll get in, but its the thought that I'm probably making the biggest decision of my life. Aunt Christine supports me, so do my cousins Nicholas and Stephanie. The parents are behind me for everything and so is Andrew. Still feel really upset though, like there are a lot of things I haven't resolved yet...

Had a short but important chat with Ms Mels after the she handed out the report-books. I haven't seen so much red swathed in there before and it was taking a lot for me to hold myself together. She told me to go for it and if my gut and God said yes I should take the plunge. I should.

"The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you"- Bob Harris, 'Lost In Translation'

November has always been one of my favourite months, its up there with December, October, June and February. Here's a tentative list of things I'm doing this month:
  • Nation Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) - probably going to abandon my novel halfway cause I have way to much to deal with but meh its worth a shot.
  • Reading everything and anything I can get my hands on.
  • Going to make playlists and probably spend my afternoons with them.
  • Draw/ get back into art- realised I really let my love for art slide this year because of people and teachers and school. Really shouldn't let that happen anymore. 
  • Write- most likely working on poetry and short stories and maybe a full novel. We'll see. I've got such big dreams for someone so small. 
  • Eat
  • Sleep
  • Meet up with old friends and hang out with people I haven't seen in a while.
I certainly hope I get this. I've never wanted anything more than getting into Stevensons or Vivian Webb since SOTA. 

Hope all of you are well.

xxTsui


No comments:

Post a Comment