Monday 6 May 2013

Trust

When people think of trust, they might think of mirrors or glass. How it shatters when broken, unable to be repaired when the <metaphorical> trust is broken.

I think that trust and relationships are like bodies of water.

Trust is more a kin to a body of water. Trust can be refreshing and calming, like the ocean on a hot summer's day. Watching the waves and feeling them lick your feet like a reassurance of the person's effort and inevitably, trust. You see yourself in the water, your reflection bent over the dock with your friend's arm around you. The 'reflection' can be scattered, often it is. Having fun while skipping stones along the water's surface wouldn't be possible without the water below it. Water is malleable. Accepting, inviting with the exhilarating rush of cool and fun, and sometimes, quite overwhelming. 

Trust is like a body of water because without more water to replenish it, it runs dry eventually. Relationships fade sometimes not because the trust is broken, but because the trust has faded. People grow up. People move on. The ocean we once shared becomes a lake, and slowly a pond, before it's been reduced to a puddle. Something non-de-script, lying once where something so vast once stood. Trust-worthy oceans, with streaming undercurrents of the secrets once shared and the stories once told, turn to puddles. Imagine how someone you once trusted with the equivalence of the sea became just another puddle. You pass the person by, unwillingly acknowledging the body of water. Perhaps, avoiding them even, so as to not let your shoes be wet again-cont 

...

I wasn't really sure where I was going with this piece of writing but I thought I would just put it out there I guess. It's something I thought up and was working on for quite a while now and I think I still don't have the vocabulary and sentences to finish it. Might soon, been working on a lot of writings and stories, but I'm pretty unsure if I should post any of them haha

Will post updates on my temporal freedom soon :)

Tsui

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that! I like it! It accurately sums up how I've been feeling (if you know what I mean)... Continue writing Tsui because you are passionate & extremely gifted in this area! I believe it is therapeutic for you too. Promise to give me VIP access to your book signings in the future ok ;)

    ReplyDelete